If you are looking for an simple way to make over easy eggs and toast while camping, or anytime for that matter, try combining the two. This recipe goes by many names, but in my house my kids know it as the “Pop-Eye”.
- Lightly butter both sides of the bread.
- Cut out a hole in the center of the bread.
- Place buttered bread in preheated pan.
- Crack the egg and place it in the hole in the center of the bread.
- wait a minute or two. About enough time to allow the bread to toast. Don’t wait too long or the yolk of the egg will begin to over cook.
- With a spatula, carefully the flip bread and toast the other side. (Approximately another minute or two)
Anyone that enjoys dipping toast into over easy eggs will enjoy this quick and simple breakfast while camping. Pair it with Bacon or Breakfast Sausage, and Juice or Coffee and you have a yummy breakfast that is quick to get onto the table and requires very little clean up.